Education, Training, Licenses and Certifications
- Certified in Alerton building automation controls (BACtalk and IBEX)
- Logged over 4,000 hours of low-volts electrician hours (WA state)
- Logged over 1,700 hours of residential apprentice electrician hours (WA state)
- Completed U.S. Navy Nuclear Propulsion School, with electrician emphasis
- Certified in Active Power UPS installation, maintenance and repair
Eric has over 15 years of experience with electrical low voltage and power systems, including 4 1/2 years as a field service technician with ATS Automation. His role included designing, installing, programming, troubleshooting and maintaining building automation systems. His work as a controls technician also included training new technicians and owner's facility staff members. Prior to working in controls, Eric was an apprenticeship electrician with residential focus. Prior to that, Eric was a nuclear trained electrician in the U.S. Navy. In the Navy Eric's work included troubleshooting and maintaining all electrical systems related to propulsion and power generation on board a nuclear powered aircraft carrier.
Since joining KBA in 2015, Eric has commissioned new and existing systems for K-12 schools, higher education facilities, office buildings and production facilities. Eric has also performed several inspections and commissioning of aircraft production crane systems.