Kent Barber, PE, CCP, LEED AP
Managing Principal/Senior Project Manager
Education, Training, Licenses and Certifications
- BCxA Certified Commissioning Professional (CCP)
- Registered Professional Engineer, Colorado
- Registered Professional Mechanical Engineer, Washington
- Registered Professonal Mechanical Engineer, California
- BSc Mechanical Engineering, University of Colorado Denver, CO
- 1 of 7 original founders of the (international) Building Commissioning Association (BCxA)
Kent is a professional engineer who has specialized in building commissioning since 1992. Nationally recognized as a commissioning pioneer, Kent was a founding member of the Building Commissioning Association (BCxA), and chaired the committee that developed the BCxA’s ‘Essential Attributes of Building Commissioning’, a widely recognized benchmark for quality commissioning services.
Kent has also developed commissioning guidelines and protocol, including the State of Idaho’s guidelines for new building commissioning and retro-commissioning, and has been the leader in promoting and refining cost-effective, proactive commissioning techniques.
Kent is widely recognized for his ability to build a truly effective commissioning team, including owners, designers, builders and equipment suppliers. His commissioning success is rooted in his diverse 35 year building industry background. Starting out with only 10 years of carpentry experience, Kent obtained his BSME and became an HVAC systems designer, eventually gravitating to facilities consulting where he worked closely with facilities managers and operators, providing hands on diagnostics and mitigating design issues.
Though Kent is KBA's Managing Principal, he still personally manages and performs hands on commissioning services for KBA projects.