Ryan Hay, CCP, PE, LEED AP
VP of KBA's Colorado Division
Principal/Senior Project Manager
Education, Training, Licenses and Certifications
- BCxA Certified Commissioning Professional (CCP)
- B.S. Architectural Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder, 1999
- Professional Engineer, Architectural, Colorado #38443, 2004
- Professional Engineer, Building Systems, Washington #45457, 2009
- Professional Engineer, Mechanical, California #34596, 2009
- LEED Accredited Professional, U.S. Green Building Council, 2006
- EPA Type I and II Refrigeration Certification #7605
- American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE), Member
With approximately 22 years of mechanical and electrical systems experience, Ryan brings a broad base of experience to his commissioning practice; from his time spent as an HVAC tradesman, a controls designer and installer, through to a systems design engineer. Ryan's background has provided him with expertise in design, installation and the maintenance of a wide range of systems, including HVAC, automation/controls, power distribution, lighting, data/communication and integrated security.
During his 10 years as a commissioning specialist, Ryan has performed design and construction phase commissioning activities for both new and existing systems, including owner's project requirements and basis of design facilitation; control logic and integration reviews; constructability reviews; commissioning plan formulation; commissioning specification writing; functional performance test writing; commissioning kickoff meetings; periodic construction site visits; maintaining commissioning issue logs; coordinating start-up activities; witnessing and performing functional tests; and documenting commissioning activities in a final commissioning report. His resume includes many facility types, such as correctional centers, hospitals, military facilities, industrial plants, retail centers, data centers, crane systems, ammonia refrigeration facilities and educational facilities.