Ryan Hay, CCP, PE, LEED AP
VP of KBA's Colorado Division
Principal/Senior Project Manager
Education, Training, Licenses and Certifications
- BCxA Certified Commissioning Professional (CCP), 2016
- Professional Engineer, Building Systems, Washington #45457, 2009
- Professional Engineer, California
- LEED Accredited Professional, U.S. Green Building Council, 2006
- Professional Engineer, Architectural, Colorado #38443, 2004
- B.S. Architectural Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder, 1999
- EPA Type I and II Refrigeration Certification #7605
- American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE), Member
With approximately 22 years of mechanical and electrical systems experience, Ryan brings a broad base of experience to his commissioning practice; from his time spent as an HVAC tradesman to controls designer and installer, and a systems design engineer. Ryan's background has provided him with expertise in design, installation and the maintenance of a wide range of systems, including HVAC, automation/controls, power distribution, lighting, data/communication and integrated security.
During his 10 years as a commissioning specialist, Ryan has performed design and construction phase commissioning activities for both new and existing systems, including owner's project requirements and basis of design facilitation; control logic and integration reviews; constructability reviews; commissioning plan formulation; commissioning specification writing; functional performance test writing; commissioning kickoff meetings; periodic construction site visits; maintaining commissioning issue logs; coordinating start-up activities; witnessing and performing functional tests; and documenting commissioning activities in a final commissioning report. His resume includes many facility types, such as correctional centers, hospitals, military facilities, industrial plants, retail centers and educational facilities.
Ryan is an ACG certified Commissioning Authority (CxA). He has served as a primary commissioning authority, and commissioning project manager for KBA since July 2005.